Clinical Counselling Hypnotherapy In Trauma Work
Online Certification For Mental Health Professionals
SUMMER INTENSIVE: AUGUST 5th - AUGUST 10th, 2021
(Recordings and all course material available for life)
* Scroll down for details *
* Registration CLOSING JULY 25th *
Start with Online Training. Enjoy Lifetime Clinical Mentorship.
Your program starts with a summer online intensive. But that's JUST the beginning.
Trauma Informed and Evidence Based
Learn to integrate clinical hypnosis with best practices in psychotherapy.
Earn 100 CE Hours
Accredited and widely approved for mental health professionals
Join An International Network of Clinical Counselling Hypnotherapists
Upon completion of this program, you'll join an international network of psychotherapy professionals bringing the art and science of clinical hypnotherapy into counselling. Our program curriculum includes in-depth information on skills needed to:
- Merge clinical hypnosis interventions safely within a trauma-informed psychotherapeutic framework
- Integrate both classical and clinical approaches to hypnosis into your medical or clinical counselling practice
- Combine hypnosis with the interventions you are using now, such as: CBT, IFS, mindfulness, EMDR and SFBT
- Practice Trance-Based Mindfulness Interventions in trauma work
- Apply newly updated hypnotherapy interventions with anxiety and mood disorders
- Effectively utilize trance-work for body-oriented psychotherapy approaches, especially in the context of trauma processing and recovery
- Assist clients in accessing “inner therapist” resources through a range of techniques including: age regression, ego state and core belief work
- Apply hypnotic protocols for anxiety, panic and OCD based on an integrative trauma healing model
- Offer clients and patients hypnosis informed programming for pain management. Learn about the pain management/PTSD/anxiety loop
- Provide hypnotherapy in conjunction with integrative counselling for addiction related issues, digestive health, IBS and other unconscious "alarm" signal responses (tell-tale signs of the traumatized psyche)
- Integrate energy medicine and psycho-spiritual healing with evidence-based approaches to trauma treatment, building on the newest findings in quantum physics, mind-body research and neuroscience
- Describe and present user-friendly client tools for understanding AND CHANGING unconscious patterns underlying complex trauma responses, lifetime stressors and everyday problems
What Some of Our Graduates Are Doing
Dr. Tilley's expertise includes:
- Narrative and CBT with clinical hypnosis
- Trance interventions with ADHD
- Depression, anxiety and clinical hypnotherapy
Nancy's expertise includes:
- Group hypnosis workshops
- CBT and clinical hypnosis
- Chronic illness management
Farzana's expertise includes:
- Anti-oppressive and holistic psychotherapy
- Emotionally Focused Therapy with hypnosis
- Psychodynamic trance-based interventions
Bing Yi-Pan's expertise includes:
- Music therapy and hypnosis
- Youth counselling with hypnotherapy
- Mindfulness and clinical hypnosis programming
Heidi's expertise includes:
- Solution-focused brief interventions with hypnosis
- Addictions & hypnosis-informed treatment planning
- Anxiety, fears and phobias with hypnotherapy
Jason's expertise includes:
- EMDR and hypnosis work with complex trauma
- Gestalt and integrative hypnotherapy
- Ego state therapy / parts hypnosis
Dr. Thomas' expertise includes:
- Pre and Post Natal services
- Hight Performance Coaching and clinical hypnosis
- Chronic pain and illness / CBT integrated with hypnosis
Dr. Smrz's expertise includes:
- Naturopathic medicine & hypnosis
- Hypnosis and pain management
- Digestive restoration with trance interventions
Azadeh's expertise includes:
- Trauma and PTSD with hypnosis
- Motivational hypnosis
- Chronic pain management
Janet's expertise includes:
- MBCT and mindful movement with trance
- Clinical hypnosis and wellness services
- Integrating Clinical Counselling Hypnotherapy with yoga therapy
Dr. Luborsky's expertise includes:
- Art therapy and creative/expressive arts in hypnotherapy
- Play therapy /work with children and parents
- Hypnotherapy with youth and young adults
When Hypnotherapy Meets Trauma Counselling
Most trauma therapists understand the importance of phased, non-linear and bottom-up interventions in the work they do with traumatized people.
For this reason, clinical best practices in trauma-informed psychotherapy MUST often go beyond the traditional cognitive-based dyadic. When the counselling framework builds in an active engagement of lower, slower brain wave activity (trance), clients are better able to engage in processing and integration work from a “whole brain” point of view.
That’s where Clinical Counselling Hypnotherapy comes in. It’s a practice model for merging evidence-based, trauma-informed psychotherapy with clinical hypnosis — in a safe and ethical manner that draws upon decades of outcome research in clinical psychology.
Join Our Online Summer Intensive: August 5th -10th, 2021
Are you ready to become a certified Clinical Counselling Hypnotherapist?
Join our summer intensive 2021 program that includes an online interactive community and in-depth immersion training on the newest and best practices in trauma-informed hypnotherapy.
Summer ONLINE Intensive Schedule: We'll meet each day online (except Sunday) from Thursday Aug. 5th - Tuesday Aug. 10th, 2021. The training hours for each of these five days is set for: 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. ET & 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. ET daily.
Only 50 spots available. Registration closes on July 25th or when all spots filled, whichever comes first.
Optional BC Summer Practice Day: Following your online training, you are welcome to join a 1-day practice workshop in Vernon, BC. This is NOT mandatory, but is open to any of our students and Daybreak practitioners wanting to practice regression techniques on: Sunday August 15th, 2021 / 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. PT /Vernon, BC.
Don't worry if you can't make it to the Vernon practice workshop. Our in-person practice days are held at multiple locations internationally throughout the year. They are NOT mandatory. These optional day-long workshops are open to all members of the Daybreak Clinical Counselling Hypnotherapy community, to provide ADDITIONAL OPPORTUNITIES for hands-on and peer-to-peer practice and professional development. You will receive regular notice of these ongoing free workshops. In addition, you'll be linked to a neighbourhood buddy network, so that you can also find people in your geographic area with whom to practice, if you wish.
A Self-Directed Curriculum: If you are unable to join in for all or part of the livestream interactive in August, it's perfectly fine: you will have lifetime access to all recordings, so you can set your own schedule for learning at a pace that works best for you!
Summer Buddy Network: When you sign up for this program, you'll be automatically enrolled into a summer buddy network of 3-5 colleagues (as close to you geographically, as possible) for ongoing peer practice opportunities, including via online break-out practice rooms
A Lifetime Learning Community: Following the 5-day August online intensive, you have lifetime access to all components of the entire training program, including:
- Lifetime e-library of videos, hand-outs, client materials, workbook and all audio-visual resources
- Ongoing access to a 1-800 toll-free clinical consultation line
- Bi-monthly access to an online and interactive peer-based supervision and consultation group
- One-to-one clinical consultation support for your case studies, if you choose to complete your full certification
- Free access to in-person practice days which are provided (optional) to our students year-round in various locations around the world. Our next practice meet-up will take place on August 15th in Vernon, BC. We also have Clinical Huddle meet-ups planned for Sedona and Ontario in 2021.
What Is Clinical Counselling Hypnotherapy
Clinical Counselling Hypnotherapy is an approach to holistic psychotherapy which integrates trance-based interventions with outcome-oriented tools for cognitive and behavioural change. A Clinical Counselling Hypnotherapist (C.Hyp™) Practitioner is first and foremost a clinical counselling professional. The clinical hypnosis interventions are tailored to each client's unique therapy goals, preferences and stage of change.
Hypnotherapy is NOT offered as a stand-alone set of techniques or protocols, but as a powerful adjunct to the counselling process. Our faculty are extensively trained in Ericksonian and Trance Based Mindfulness Informed approaches to mental health, trauma and addictions work. This means that we specialize in the application of hypnosis within an established psychotherapeutic model such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Solution Focused Brief, and/or Narrative therapy, among others.
A Clinical Counselling Hypnotherapist (C.Hyp™) Practitioner is committed to integrating both hypnosis and mindfulness into professional therapy services, and views trance work as a highly individualized process for gently awakening an internal “healer’s consciousness." Daybreak's C.Hyp™ Practitioners are trained in a trauma-informed practice framework, and specialize in the art and science of paced and respectful hypnotherapeutic interventions to assist in the integration process that is so key in trauma healing and resolution.
Frequently Asked Questions
About Your Lead Instructor
Karen Day is a Master’s trained Registered Social Worker specializing in holistic psychotherapy and integrative approaches to mental health. She is the President of Daybreak Therapy and Training, and has over twenty years of combined experience in the provision of mental health services, crisis and trauma counselling, and clinical social work practice, teaching and supervision.
Karen is Past-President of the Canadian Society of Clinical Hypnosis – Ontario Division, and continues to teach clinical hypnosis to mental health professionals in the Toronto area through the Society and as adjunct faculty with the University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine.
In addition, she has both received and provided extensive training internationally in the areas of clinical hypnotherapy, mindfulness-based approaches to psychotherapy, energy medicine, and Ericksonian-based psychotherapy. Karen is the lead designer of Creating Sacred Spaces - an annual international conference dedicated to the subject of mind-body-spirit psychotherapy.
Clinical Counselling Hypnotherapy Summer Intensive
- 5-day intensive in August online interactive to meet, greet and learn together!
- 100 CE hour self-directed curriculum plus ongoing professional development through Daybreak Network
- Lifetime access to "Breaking The Worry Trance" mini course and e-training
- Lifetime access to "Advanced Clinical Hypnosis" e-course
- Lifetime membership in the International Society of Clinical Counselling Hypnotherapists
- Bi-monthly online group supervision through Daybreak's Network of Clinical Counselling Hypnotherapists
- Course E-Handbook and accompanying hand-out package
- Start-up Kit that includes audio and video resources, forms, and client tools
- Programming Guidelines for regression work, trauma processing, trauma-based fears and phobias, and more
- Case studies and sample scripts for psychotherapeutic trance-work with OCD, panic, pain management and more
- Lifetime access to e-library complete with all classes, protocols and ready-to-use forms
- Lifetime access to Optional In-Person practice workshops (held regularly at various locations)
- 6-month access to 1-800 toll-free clinical consultation line
- Summer Buddy Network for an optional accountability and support group as you begin practicing
- Therapist templates for compliance checks with scope of practice, Code of Ethics, record-keeping and continuing competency
50 spots available. Registration closes July 25th OR when spots filled, whichever comes first.